Get In Touch

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cherry Amaretto Oatmeal

Share it Please
You tired of the oatmeal posts yet? Don't worry! The week is half over. By the time it is, you won't have any trouble coming up with what to eat for breakfast. ;)Now onto the flavor of the day:

Oatmeal with cherry preserves=delicious

Yummy cherry goodness

Oatmeal with cherry preserves and almond extract=super delicious!

It doesn't get any better than this. One of my favorite non-chocolate flavors is cherry amaretto. Something about the combination of sweet and nutty makes my mouth water. This oatmeal is no exception. It's everything a cherry loving girl could dream of. And more.

I love to eat this with a glass of almond milk on the side. It really brings out the almond flavor even more. This might the best variation yet. But I can't honestly say that, because I love them all, so my judgement is severely biased. ;) However, yours isn't! So grab the oatmeal, some water/milk, and a pot to make some oatmeal!

1/2 c. cooked oatmeal
milk of choice
pinch of salt
1 1/2 T. cherry preserves
1/4 tsp. almond extract
sweetener to taste

1. Heat oatmeal in a pot with a little bit of milk.
2. When the milk starts to bubble, remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
3. Pour out a glass of almond milk, scoop oatmeal into a bowl, and enjoy! It doesn't get any easier than this!


Inquiry of the Day:

What's your favorite non-chocolate flavor?

As I stated above, mine is cherry amaretto. Or possibly pumpkin pie. Or even peppermint. It's just so hard to pick one when I love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media