Get In Touch

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Where's the Lettuce? Salad

Share it Please
This is one the best non-lettuce salads I've ever had. Well, at least vegetable salad.
Cool, crisp, and fresh
It is perfect for a summer meal, because it is cool and refreshing.

My mom has made this for years, and I've loved it for years. I'd pair it with hot dogs, fish, or hamburgers. It'd be a great salad to take to a potluck or picnic. I guarantee everyone will love it.

This has been one of the strangest falls I've ever seen. It got down it the 30s last week and rained a little bit, now this week it's raining a whole bunch and yesterday was in the 70s! ??? It's a little maddening. I think that once the temperature turns cool it should stay cool, but I guess the bright side of the warm weather is more ice cream. ;)

Total of 4 cups of vegetables; mostly cauliflower:
carrots, chopped
cucumber, chopped
onions, chopped
cauliflower, chopped
bell pepper, chopped
1 c. garbanzo beans
1/3 c. olive oil
1/3 c. balsamic vinegar
1/4 t. white pepper
1/2 t. salt
basil and oregano to taste
2 cubes of frozen basil

1. Put all the chopped vegetables in a large or medium bowl.
2. Add garbanzo beans to bowl.
3. Toss with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, white pepper, salt, frozen basil, and basil and oregano to taste.


Inquiry of the Day:

So what about you? Do you like lettuce salads or non-lettuce salads? Post in the comments and I'll see what I can come up with. If you've got any good recipes, feel free to share!

2 comments:

  1. I do tend to feel like something is missing without lettuce, but this looks delicious. Perhaps I'll expand my own thinking about salads ;-) I think I usually like a lot to chew on when I have a salad, so lettuce helps bulk up my bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cauliflower adds an extra "chew" and crunch. I think it's a wonderful alternative to salads if you ever get tired of lettuce or spinach. And who says you can't put lettuce in it? ;)

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media