Get In Touch

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Funfetti Cupcakes

Share it Please
Don't tell me you don't remember those fun Pillsbury cakes with the sprinkles in them?! You know, the ones they call Confetti cakes. Those we're my absolute favorite cakes when I was little. I made my grandma throw one together every year for my birthday.

My sister's birthday was coming up and she requested funfetti cupcakes. The catch was she hates gluten free food for some odd reason. So Elana Amsterdam's cookbook was the place to go!
Bright burst of color from the sprinkles :)

I finally came across her wonderful vanilla cupcakes and tested them out a few hours before my sister's birthday. When the time came to eat them, everyone absolutely adored the cupcakes! They tasted just like the gluten kind! Except, better. I think so , anyways.

The cupcakes are perfect for birthdays, holidays, potlucks, or another kind of get-to-together. Or you can just hide them all to yourself. No one would blame you.

2 eggs, separated
1/4 c. grape seed oil
1/2 c. honey
1 T. vanilla extract
1 T. lemon juice (do NOT omit)
2 1/2 c. almond flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4-1/3 c. sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, whip the eggs with a handheld mixer, then mix the grape seed oil, honey, vanilla, and lemon juice in.
3. In a separate bowl, whip the eggs whites until stiff. Fold into the yolk mixture.
4. In another bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir until thoroughly combined.
5. Fold in the egg mixture, then add the sprinkles.
6. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
7. Scoop batter into muffins tins so they are 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes. When a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
9. Let the cupcakes cool for 30 minutes then frost if you want. This cupcakes are just as good without.


Inquiry of the Day:


Did you have homemade or store bought cakes for your birthdays as a kid?

Sometimes (especially when I was younger) we would make cakes shaped like horses, or bears, or rabbits, or even a dinosaur once! I went through a cookie cake phase and then a store bought ice cream cake phase, now I'm reverting bake to my old homemade cake baking habits. In truth, they're actually better tasting and better for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media