Get In Touch

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Dairy Free Peppermint Ice Cream

Share it Please
I've been wanting to make this recipe for a long time. Peppermint ice cream is one of my favorite ice cream flavors ever. Okay, maybe not my favorite, but definitely in the top five. Plus, it's peppermint season so what better time to make peppermint ice cream?

Does anyone else remember the Edy's peppermint ice cream that was super creamy, minty, and had bits of peppermint candies in it? This was an attempt to recreate that ice cream. This ice cream may not be 100% identical, but it's pretty close. Close enough, that I wouldn't say no if you passed me a bowl right now. ;)


The best part of this recipe is that you can have a humongous bowl full of it and it'll still have around the same amount of calories and sugar as half a cup of regular ice cream. Without sacrificing any of the taste, of course. And it's super easy to make. Bonus!

On a separate note, I have a recipe that I'm really excited to share with you guys. Hopefully it'll be up on the blog within the next few days. Definitely before Christmas. Because, trust me, you'll want to make the recipe before then.


 Okay, now that I've taunted you with that, here's the recipe for dairy-free peppermint ice cream. ;)

1 c. full-fat or light coconut milk
1/4 c. honey
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 drops red food coloring (optional)
pinch salt
1/3 c. peppermint candies or candy canes, crushed

1. Add the ingredients, except for the peppermint candies, to a blender.
2. Blend until thoroughly combined.
3. While ice cream maker is on, pour ice cream mixture in through the hole on top of the ice cream maker.
4. Let churn for 20 minutes. During the last five minutes, add your crushed candies.
5. Top with chocolate sauce or whipped cream and enjoy!



Inquiry of the Day:

What kinds of foods or treats do you make for Christmas?

I've started a tradition of making Muddy Buddies, but we usually have meatballs, cookies, pretzels dipped in chocolate, bean salad, and a bunch of either food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media