Get In Touch

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pina Colada Smoothie

Share it Please
There was a time in my life when I thought I didn't like pina coladas. I thought I hated coconut AND pineapple. Good thing that phase in my life is over. I don't know if  I could live without pineapple and coconut! I eat coconut basically every day and any kind of pineapple whenever I can get my hands on it.  That stuff is like the food of the gods.


So to combine my love of pineapple and coconut? Heaven in a glass. 

Creamy, thick, coconut-y heaven in a glass. ;)


This is a virgin pina colada. And be warned, it's not very sweet. I happen to like it that way, (It brings out more of the coconut and pineapple flavor) but you can always add a sweetener if you wish.

Now that the weather's warming up, I find that I'm drinking a lot more smoothies. It was just too cold during winter and even some of spring! I'm glad that Indiana is seeing 70 and 80 degree weather again, there's a lot more to do outdoors now. Biking, swimming, going on picnics, walking at the park, water parks, etc. Normally, I'm not really an outdoor person (unless it involves water slides), but this year I'm determined to change that!


Maybe I can motivate myself with smoothies....


1/2 c. milk (I used unsweetened almond)
1/2 c. frozen pineapple, fresh works, too, just add more ice cubes
1/4 c. coconut cream
2 T. flax seeds (I like the pre-ground kind)
5-6 ice cubes
sweetener, to taste

1. Add alll the ingredients to your blend and blend away!
2 Pour into a glass and enjoy. :)


Inquiry of the Day:

Are there any foods you thought you didn't like, but discovered you do?

I've discovered several foods that I thought I hated, but actually like. Rhubarb, peaches, mango, some types of root vegetables, and beets- just to name a few. ;)

4 comments:

  1. YUM! This sounds great! I remember the first time I tried a pina colada, I remembered thinking I quite liked everything but the alcohol taste and wondered how they could make it without the alcohol haha ;p
    I used to not like kiwi or avocado... or much of anything green. Crazy girl I was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And why would anyone want the taste of bitter alcohol to ruin the wonderful taste of pineapple/coconut? ;p
      I used to not like very many green things either. When I was really little, I wouldn't eat anything if it had green "specks" in it. My younger sister is going through that phase now, and I don't know how my parents got through it when I was like that!

      Delete
  2. Yay! The recipe I've been waiting for:)Can't wait to make this one!
    This should probably be a crime or something, but I went through this phase where I wouldn't eat CHOCOLATE! I know, ridiculous, right? It was back when I was a toddler, and I'm pretty sure I didn't care much for vanilla either, so I pretty much had strawberry everything. Donuts, cupcakes, frosting, smoothies, you name it, it was strawberry! It's a good thing I re-discovered the awesomeness of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you're comments. :)
      I don't think I ever didn't like chocolate as a kid. My sister used to not like it, but after she got braces she ditched gummy bears and became obsessed with chocolate. I think I liked it better when she *didn't* like chocolate because that meant more for me! ;)

      Delete

I love comments so please comment often! Thanks!

Followers

Social Media